Guidelines for Placement Testing
Should you need to CANCEL your appointment, please do so PRIOR to your scheduled appointment time by calling (252) 538-4301
BEFORE Registering for the Placement Test
|Step 1:||Have an application on file.|
|Step 2:||Submit official high school and college transcripts (if transfer credit is desired) to an Admissions Office Representative.|
|Step 3:||Confirm that an Admissions Office Representative has a copy of your signed social security card in your admissions file.|
|Step 4:||Speak with an Admissions Officer to learn about placement test waivers (i.e. official college transcript(s), SAT scores, ACT scores, etc.)|
Steps for Registering for the Placement Test
- Visit http://halifaxcc.edu/StudntRe/PlacementTests/placement.htm to register for the placement test(s).
- Sign up for the NC-DAP English/Reading Test and/or the NC-DAP Developmental Math Test at a time that’s convenient for you by completing the following:
- Click "Sign Up"
- Enter your First Name, Last Name, E-mail Address, and confirm your E-mail Address by keying it again.
- Choose 1 for Quantity, and click Sign Up.
- Log into your e-mail and print the confirmation e-mail. You will bring the printed confirmation e-mail to an Admissions Officer to receive a Testing Referral Form.
- Bring the Testing Referral Form and confirmation e-mail with you on the day of your scheduled testing appointment.
Be sure to call (252) 538-4301 if you need to cancel your testing appointment.
- Notify the Testing Officer, Shreail Hinton, at (252) 538-4301 if:
- You have previously taken the Placement Test.
- You have a disability that requires special testing accommodations.
- Log on to http://www.halifaxcc.edu/, and click on Placement Tests to download study materials for the Placement Tests. Alternatively, you can visit Room 335 to pick up study materials.
- Have a picture ID.
ON the Day of the Test
- Arrive at least 30 minutes early for your testing appointment. Testing will begin promptly at the scheduled time, and no one will be allowed to enter the testing room after the scheduled test time.
- Plan to be on campus for at least three hours for placement testing.
- Have your Testing Referral Form, confirmation e-mail, and Picture ID with you at the time of testing.
- Do not bring children with you.
- Make sure you are well rested and not hungry before you come for the test. No food or drinks are allowed in the testing room.
- Bring glasses with you if you will need them to read.
- Meet with the Testing Officer, after your test has been completed and scored to review your test scores and discuss your next steps.