| Space is limited.|
Schedule your testing appointment today!
Welcome! You have made an important decision that will change the course of your life. You have decided to pursue your education after high school.
Students entering curriculum degree programs at Halifax Community College are administered the NC-DAP English/Reading Placement Assessment and NC-DAP Developmental Math 010-060 tests to determine the appropriate enrollment in writing, reading, and math courses. The placement test is free of charge to prospective students. The placement test results are valid for five years.
|NC-DAP English/Reading Test Date(s)|
|Tuesday, August 5, 2014||9:00 a.m.||Room 338|
|Thursday, August 7, 2014||9:00 a.m.||Room 338|
|Tuesday, August 12, 2014||9:00 a.m.||Room 338|
|Thursday, August 14, 2014||9:00 a.m.||Room 338|
|Monday, August 18, 2014||9:00 a.m.||Room 338|
|Wednesday, August 20, 2014||9:00 a.m.||Room 338|
|NC-DAP Developmental Math 010-060 Test Date(s)|
|Thursday, July 31, 2014||2:00 p.m.||Room 338|
|Tuesday, August 5, 2014||3:00 p.m.||Room 338|
|Thursday, August 7, 2014||2:00 p.m.||Room 338|
|Tuesday, August 12, 2014||3:00 p.m.||Room 338|
|Thursday, August 14, 2014||3:00 p.m.||Room 338|
|Monday, August 18, 2014||2:00 p.m.||Room 338|
|Wednesday, August 20, 2014||2:00 p.m.||Room 338|
BEFORE the Day of the Test...
- Step 1: Have an application on file prior to taking the Placement Tests.
- Step 2: Submit official copies of your high school transcript(s) to an Admissions Office Representative.
- Step 3: Confirm that an Admissions Office Representative has a copy of your signed social security card in your admissions file.
- After completing Steps 1, 2, and 3, an Admissions Officer will give you a Testing Referral Form. You will bring the Testing Referral Form with you on the day of your scheduled testing appointment.
- Notify the Testing Coordinator, Angela Randolph, at (252) 536-7254
or an Admissions Office Representative at (252) 536-7225 if :
- You have previously taken the Placement Test.
- You have a disability that requires special testing accommodations.
- Contact the Testing Coordinator at (252) 536-7254 or an Admissions Office Representative at (252) 536-7225 to schedule an appointment to take the Placement Tests.
- Log on to http://www.halifaxcc.edu/, and click on Placement Tests to download study materials for the Placement Tests. Alternatively, you can visit Room 335 to pick up study materials.
- Have a picture ID.
- Know your Halifax Community College Student Identification Number.
Note: Contact an Admissions Office Representative at (252) 536-7225 if you do not have a Student Identification Number.
ON the Day of the Test...
- Arrive at least 30 minutes early for your testing appointment. Testing will begin promptly at the scheduled time, and no one will be allowed to enter the testing room after the scheduled test time.
- Plan to be on campus for at least three hours for placement testing.
- Have your Testing Referral Form, Picture ID, and Student Identification Number with you at the time of testing.
- Go to the Front Desk in the 100 Building to register as a Visitor.
- Request a parking permit and place it on your vehicle prior to your appointment.
- Do not bring children with you.
- Make sure you are well rested and not hungry before you come for the test. No food or drinks are allowed in the testing room.
- Bring glasses with you if you will need them to read.
- Meet with Angela Randolph, the Testing Coordinator, after your test has been completed and scored to review your test scores and discuss your next steps.
FOLLOWING the Day of the Test...
- Meet with your assigned academic advisor during Early Registration or Regular Registration
to complete a class schedule.
Note: If your placement test scores indicate that additional skill building work is needed, your advisor will place you in the correct developmental courses required before you can proceed to the degree courses. These courses will prepare you for college success.
Contact Angela Randolph, Testing & Job Placement Coordinator, in Room 335 or via phone at (252) 536-7254 if you have questions and/or concerns.