You are here: Home » Departments » Counseling

College Transfer Counseling

HCC counselors are available to assist students with making the transition from HCC to a four year college/university. Counselors will provide support and assistance to students on how to access admission information, programs of study information, costs, transcripts, and academic advising.

The Articulation Agreement enables HCC graduates of an Associate degree program to transfer to constituent institutions of the University of North Carolina with junior status. The College Transfer program at HCC is designed to meet the two-year general education requirements of four-year colleges and universities. The curricula allow students to complete two years of coursework which can be transferred to numerous academic and/or pre-professional fields. HCC offers four college transfer programs, (a) Associate in Arts, (b) Associate in General Education, and (c) Associate in Science. These programs are articulated to transfer to any University of North Carolina (UNC) system university and most private colleges in North Carolina through the Articulated program-by-program agreements for the transfer of graduates of the Associate in Arts (AA), Associate in General Education, and Associate in Science (AS) degree programs to public universities have been developed with several other UNC system universities.

For more information go to: Program of Study

The link to the SAT link is:
The link for the ACT website is: go to
For scholarship information go to