Small Business Center
The purpose of the SBC is to increase the success rate and the number of viable small businesses by providing high quality, readily available assistance to prospective and existing small business owners. The overall Objectives are to foster and support entrepreneurship and economic development and help equip people in both urban and rural communities to succeed in a technologically driven world. The Small Business Center has been in existence for over twenty years assisting the business, local government and non-profit sectors in accomplishing their goals. Our major focus is small businesses and start-ups. We also provide management training and assistance for larger employers in Halifax and Northampton Counties.
Do you have a DREAM or a business idea? Are you just getting started in business? Is your business or organization struggling and you don't know what to do or where to start in finding answers? Do you need specific training? Then allow the Small Business Center to assist you in achieving your goals!
What the SBC Can Do For You
- Free Small Business seminars
- Free start-up counseling
- Free consulting to existing businesses, government agencies and non-profits
- Free help with business, management and organizational issues
- Free computer use and Internet access
- Free business resource center
- On-site training for established businesses
- Business Planning Process
- Marketing: Products & Services, Packaging, Pricing, Distribution, Competition, Research
- Financials: P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow
- Other business and management issuesâ€¦ We will provide this on-site at your location
Kelly Barber, Small Business Center Director
Ms. Barber earned her Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, with an emphasis in Marketing, from Appalachian State University in 1985. She went on to earn a Masters of Art with an emphasis in Adult Education and Human Resource Development from North Carolina State University in 1997
Prior to her current role, Ms. Barber worked for many years in a Human Resource Management capacity for both a Fortune 500 corporation and an international start-up in the sawmill industry. In May 2018, she earned her Society of Human Resource Management -Senior Certified Professional designation. (read more)
Sandra Rudd-Knight, Administrative Assistant
Helpful Small Business Resources
Service Corps of Retired Executives
For business plan and financial templates, consultations..
For legal, HR information