Campus Public Safety

Medical Emergencies

If you have a medical emergency please call 911. If you have fallen or been injured while on campus, notify Security by calling the switch board at 252-536-2551. A member of the Security team will take the report and forward it to the appropriate Administrative official. Our Security and Law Enforcement Officers are trained in First Aid/CPR and are available to assist you with seeking medical care. We cannot issue medications or perform any medical treatment that is beyond basic life saving. We will notify Halifax County EMS or Weldon Fire Department First Responders to provide medical assessments or transportation to a medical facility. We cannot transport anyone to the hospital or other medical providers' facility.

If you have a medical condition that may require immediate medical care, please contact the counseling center to Self Identify as having a need. This will help you and the College to provide the best possible coverage in an unlikely medical event here on campus. Remember to bring your medication, inhalers, or other prescribed devices with you that you may need during a medical event. All medication needs to have a proper Pharmacy label with your name, medication name, dosage, and Dr.'s name on it. This must comply with the Controlled Substance Act of NC, G.S. 90-86.