Substance Abuse Hotlines and Treatment Information
***IMPORTANT! READ FIRST! In order to seek mental health, developmental disability or substance abuse services in your county, you must first go to the Local Management Entities (LMEs) that serves your county. LMEs will also help you with complaints about your services. They are available 24 hours a day. In order to find your LME, they are listed below by the areas potentially served by Halifax Community College.***
- Crisis Assistance 24 hours a day 7 days a week in Franklin, Vance,
Warren, Halifax, and Granville Counties--Five County Mental Health Community Operations
Call Center: http://www.cardinalinnovations.org/(The LME official name is
now Cardinal Innovations.)
- For Assessment or Referral call: 1-877-619 -3761
- For General information call: 1-866-375-1315
- For people with hearing impairments call: 1-800-735-2962 (TTY)
- Crisis Assistance 24 hours a day 7 days a week in Beaufort, Bertie,
Camden, Chowan, Currituck, Dare, Gates, Hertford, Hyde, Martin,
Pasquotank, Perquimans, Pitt, Terrell, and Washington counties--Integrated
- Mobile Crisis Team: 1-866-437-1821
- Ahoskie: 1-866-437-4615 or 1-252-209-0388
- Elizabeth City: 1-252-384-0388
- Greenville: 1-252-439-0700
- Jackson: 1-252-534-1088
- Washington: 1-866-437-1821
- Crisis Assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in Bladen, Columbus,
Duplin, Edgecombe, Greene, Lenoir, Nash, Robeson, Sampson, Scotland,
and Wilson counties—Eastpointe (previously known as The Beacon Center in
- Customer Service/Provider Assistance: 1-800-513-4002
- Direct Access to Services: 1-800-913-6109
- Direct Access to Services(TTY): 1-888-819-5112
- The Beacon Center
500 Nash Medical Arts Mall
Rocky Mount, NC 27804
24-hour Access/ Crisis Number: 1-888-893-8640
- Eastpointe Corporate Office
100 S. James St.
Goldsboro, NC 27530
24-hour Access/ Crisis Number: 1-800-913-6109
- Holly Hill Hospital Crisis Assessment for Adult Psychiatric Services,
Adult Recovery Services (Inpatient Substance Abuse), Adult Partial
Hospitalization, and Child/Adolescent Services: 1-910-250-7000 or
- Holly Hill Hospital Mobile Crisis Team (Halifax county) 24 hour Emergency Helpline: 877-619-3761
- Halifax County Office: 1-252- 535-1790
- Vance County Office: 1-252- 431-0280
- Triumph LLC: Walk-in Crisis Monday through Friday 8:00 to 5:00 at 220 Smith Church Rd., Roanoke Rapids, NC or call 252-537-6619.
- Woodside Psychiatric Unit at Halifax Regional Medical Center for Crisis
and Inpatient Services
250 Smith Church Rd., Roanoke Rapids, N.C.
- Referral to Alcohol and Drug Treatment Centers is done by your Local Management Entity. In the Roanoke Valley and Eastern N.C., the LME’s would be either Five County Mental Health Community Call Center (Cardinal Innovations), Integrated Family Services or Eastpointe. Below are the state run facilities generally used in Eastern NC:
- Website lists all Alcoholics Anonymous meetings in NC:
- A.A. Central Office is in Winston-Salem: 910-725-6031 Gives information on A.A. meetings not on main website list.
- A.A. Meeting Directory by state: http://soberplace.com/aa-meetings/
- Rehab Centers by state: http://soberplace.com/rehab-centers/
- Rehab Centers in N.C.: http://soberplace.com/rehab-centers/north-carolina/
- Alcoholics Anonymous.
- Meetings in Roanoke Rapids held at A.A. building on 10 St.
- Contact number for times and other locations in Halifax County: 252-537-7698
- To find A.A. meetings anywhere in the U.S.A. search links here: http://www.aa.org/
- A.A. meetings in North Carolina: http://www.aanorthcarolina.org/
- Ala-non Family Groups in N.C. Help for family and friends of problem
drinkers. Some meetings in online chat rooms.
- 1-888-4AL-ANON (1-888-425-2666) Monday thru Friday, 8 am- 6 pm ET, for meeting information in the U.S and Canada.
- Ala-non Family Groups. Information on 12 steps programs and meetings for family and friends of problem drinkers here. http://www.al-anon.org/home
- Adult Children of Alcoholics (ACA) World Services. Information on 12 step programs and symptoms of being ACA for women and men who grew up in alcoholic or otherwise dysfunctional families. http://adultchildren.org/
- Ala-teen—support, meetings, and information for teens dealing with family alcoholism: http://al-anon.alateen.org/for-alateen
- Narcotic Anonymous meetings in Roanoke Rapids at Stanley White Presbyterian Church, 601 Ashton Street on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday at 8:00 p.m.
Last Updated Oct 03,2017
*HCC is not responsible for the content or validity of external links*