Hiring Qualified Tutors
The Center for Academic Excellenceis currently recruiting, interviewing, and hiring qualified tutors in subject areas of: ACCOUNTING, BIOLOGY (BIO 111, 112, 168 & 169), BUSINESS, COMPUTER, ENGLISH, OST, MATH, NURSING, WEB, SPANISH CLASSES, ETC.
If you are interested in a tutoring position and meet the following criteria, please contact Iris Johnson, Center for Academic ExcellenceCoordinator or Timothy Archer CAE Assistant/Tutor.
- 3.0+ Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA)
- Grade of “A” or “B” in classes you desire to tutor
- Academic Transcript(s) from college or institute
- Complete a HCC application and background check
- Faculty Recommendation (depends on academic background)
- Completed at least one semester at HCC/other institute
- Provide two (2) forms of valid identification
- Enjoy assisting diverse students academically
- Exhibit effective communication skills
- Able to provide academic enhancement and study skills
- Patience and dedication
- A flexible schedule
- Attend interview, orientation, and training sessions.
- Other duties as assigned.
**ONLY DEDICATED INQUIRIES NEED TO APPLY**
Contact: Iris Johnson at (252) 536-7204; email@example.com; or Timothy Archer at (252) 538-4328; firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax: (252) 536-0474; Website: www.halifaxcc.edu. The CAE is in Room 149 (located in Learning Resource Center (LRC) Library).