Center for Academic Excellence
The Center for Academic Excellence (CAE) operates as a professionally staffed academic tutoring center with computers and resource center to serve currently enrolled HCC curriculum students. Our highly qualified staff consists of a full-time coordinator, a full-time assistant/tutor, peer and professional tutors, and federal work-study students. The CAE houses 20 computers equipped with various academic software (CDs/DVDs) and courseware selected by instructors to support their curriculum, a black and white printer, audiovisual equipment, headphones, academic enhancement resources, and study skills material.
The CAE is located the Learning Resources Center (LRC/library) in Room 149 and 149-A. The CAE is a component of the Student Services department and supervision. Due to the limited space and computers in room 149, the CAE provide additional conducive educational environments and locations on campus.
CAE Hours of Operation
Hours of operation during fall and spring semesters:
Monday through Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Summer semester hours: Monday through Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; closed on Friday's. Evening hours are available upon student’s requests and by appointments. Hours of operation may vary during student breaks, holidays, inclement weather, and registration. Any changes in hours of operation will be posted.
Please Read and Adhere To The Following…
- No food or drinks allowed around computers.
- No profanity.
- No cell phones or pagers (unless on vibrate/silent mode).
- No excessively loud talking or disruptive noises.
- No use of illegal drugs or alcohol controlled beverages.
- Erase marker board at end of each session.
- Push chairs to table neatly.
- Be kind and courteous to others and show respect.
- Report any unusual circumstances or concerns to the CAE staff.
- Keep Center for Academic Excellenceneat and clean.
- Always be prepared have materials (books, pencil, pen, calculator, paper, syllabus, etc.).
- Put all trash in trash can.
- All tutees (students) must sign the student sign-in and out sheet before and at the end of each session.
- Be on time.
- Call or inform CAE staff and/or tutor in advance if you are going to be more than 15 minutes late or absent.
- Document number of copies when using printer (see printer rules).
- Computer users refer to student computer use regulation.
- No cheating or unethical conduct. Tutors will not assist you with exams, quizzes or tests, or type your papers. (See HCC Counselor for special accommodations).
- Take care of your personal hygiene.
- Inform CAE staff before withdrawing from class or tutoring services.
- Computers are to be used for academics use only; not social media (games,
- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, You Tube, etc.).
- Any concerns or questions please contact the CAE staff.
Thank You For Your Cooperation and Participation From The CAE Staff. Have A Blessed Day!
For More Information
Direct any questions or concerns to Iris Johnson, Center for Academic Excellence Coordinator at 252-536-7204 or e-mail: email@example.com