Students need to learn. My primary job and responsibility is to fill that need for learning by creating and engaging learning experiences every day. The greatest gift I can give to my students is motivating them to experience repeated learning successes. Students learn by doing; and teaching encourages active learning.
Dr. Stephens is a Communications Instructor at Halifax Community College (HCC) and teaches Public Speaking courses on campus and at Roanoke Rapids High School. Dr. Stephens also taught Communications courses at The University of Akron, in Akron, OH, as well at Cape Fear Community College in Wilmington, NC.
After retiring from The Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company after 33 years of service, Dr. Stephens wanted to continue to give back to the community serving in many areas: Just to name a few:
Dr. Stephens is the recipient of many awards. Just to name a few:
- President of the Wilmington Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated, Alpha Psi Omega Chapter
- President of the Pender County NAACP
- Secretary for the Wilmington Chapter of the LINKS Incorporated
- Associate Pastor: Mt. Pisgah Missionary Baptist Church
- Youth Director: Mt. Pisgah Missionary Baptist Church and the Middle District Baptist Association
- Auditor: The Middle District Baptist Association
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. James R. Fullwood Outstanding Service Award
- Emerging and Community Volunteerism Award
- Zeta Theta Omega Community Service Award
- New Hanover County NAACP Community Service Award
Doctor of Divinity: Summit Bible College 2006
Ph.D. Business Administration: Central State University 1999
Master of Arts: The University of Akron, 1997
Bachelor of Arts: Malone College 1992
Associate of Applied Business: The University of Akron 1990"
Introduction to Communication
Communication and Ethics
Voice and Articulation
Received Certification of Ordination: New Beginning Baptist Church, Mansfield, OH August 2009
Schedule & Office Hours